This season, I will not suffer!! I will be kicking pollen in the butt and if you have allergies, you should too!
Here are 15 tips for surviving the pollen this season:
- Wear a hat or scarf on your head when going outside. You'll decrease the chances of getting pollen in your hair.
- Take a shower when you get home. Avoid getting straight in the bed or couch. Wash all of the dirt and pollen off of you first.
- Don't drive with the windows down.
- Invest in a purifier. This will clean the air in your home, eliminating all dust and pollen.
- Do not hang your clothes or rugs outside to dry.
- Keep your pets wiped down or bathed as much as possible. They will bring a lot of pollen back inside the home.
- Avoid being outside during high pollen count days. The news will tell when these days are.
- Avoid being outside during windy days. All of that pollen floating in the wind is a disaster!
- Keep your hair washed often if you can.
- Avoid opening windows in your home. That spring breeze may feel good but it'll only be bringing in pollen into your home.
- If you wear contacts, try wearing your glasses more often. Pollen can get in your contacts, making your eyes feel extra itchy and irritated.
- Wear a mask that can cover your nose and mouth.
- Find some medication that will work for you such as Benadryl or Claritin.
- Gargle salt water. It helps soothe a sore throat.
- Don't wear the same clothes that you wore outside inside. If you don't want to take a shower, at least take off the clothes you had on earlier. It will contaminate everything else in the house with pollen.